Diane speaks with Dr. Roger Kligler who is living with advanced stage cancer on why he's suing the state of Massachusetts for the 'Right to Die' and with Dr. Jessica Zitter, and intensive care and palliative care specialist on why better communication is so needed between doctors and patients facing end-of-life issues.
Senator John Kerry calls a hearing on the future of newspapers as “The Boston Globe” faces the threat of closure. A look at the fate of the newspaper industry in the midst of a recession.
- Martin Kaiser Editor of the Milwaukee-Journal Sentinel and President, American Society of Newspaper Editors.
- Rem Rieder Editor and Senior Vice President,American Journalism Review.
- Jane Hall Associate Professor of Journalism, American University.
- Alan Mutter former newspaper editor who later ran three Silicon Valley companies. He comments on the impact of technology on the media at his blog, Reflections of a Newsosaur, at newsosaur.blogspot.com.
- Senator John Kerry U.S. Senator,Massachusetts.
Most Recent Shows
Glenn Thrush, White House correspondent for the New York Times, describes operations inside the Trump White House, and science writer Sharon Begley explains why compulsions can useful in times of anxiety.
President Trump announces his nominee for the Supreme Court, legal battles ramp up in opposition to the Trump's executive order on immigration restrictions,and some in Congress vow to resist: Three political experts speculate on the future of our three branches of government and their respective powers in the Trump administration.
David Cole of the ACLU on President Trump's order restricting immigration, Jeff Sessions for Attorney General, the president's likely violation of the Emoluments Clause, and what actions concerned citizens can take.