Diane speaks with Dr. Roger Kligler who is living with advanced stage cancer on why he's suing the state of Massachusetts for the 'Right to Die' and with Dr. Jessica Zitter, and intensive care and palliative care specialist on why better communication is so needed between doctors and patients facing end-of-life issues.
Americans love caffeine, and not just in soda and coffee. Sales in caffeinated energy drinks may reach $19 billion this year. Sales in new caffeinated snacks and candy, like Energy Gummi Bears and Jolt Gum, exceeded $1.6 billion last year. But the Food and Drug Administration is concerned about the potential health impacts of these new caffeinated products, particularly those that appeal to children. The FDA is reviewing reports of six deaths allegedly associated with energy drinks. But companies that make caffeinated food and drinks argue their products are safe and that they don’t market to children.
- Dennis Herrera city attorney of San Francisco.
- Bob Arnot physician and former medical correspondent for NBC and author of 14 books including, "The Aztec Diet," and "The Prostate Cancer Prevention Plan."
- Barry Meier staff reporter for "The New York Times" and author of "Pain Killer: A 'Wonder' Drug's Trail of Addiction and Death."
- Michael Jacobson co-founder and executive director of the Center for Science in the Public Interest and author of "Restaurant Confidential," "Marketing Madness," "What Are We Feeding Our Kids?" and "The Fast Food Guide."
- Michael Taylor deputy commissioner for foods and veterinary medicine at Food and Drug Administration.
Most Recent Shows
Glenn Thrush, White House correspondent for the New York Times, describes operations inside the Trump White House, and science writer Sharon Begley explains why compulsions can useful in times of anxiety.
President Trump announces his nominee for the Supreme Court, legal battles ramp up in opposition to the Trump's executive order on immigration restrictions,and some in Congress vow to resist: Three political experts speculate on the future of our three branches of government and their respective powers in the Trump administration.
David Cole of the ACLU on President Trump's order restricting immigration, Jeff Sessions for Attorney General, the president's likely violation of the Emoluments Clause, and what actions concerned citizens can take.