Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer Jon Meacham on the evolution of Abraham Lincoln's moral principles and political leadership -- and what the era of Lincoln can teach us about the state of our democracy today.
Concerns about a possible recession are on the rise amid ongoing declines in consumer confidence, tightening credit markets, and continued problems in the housing market. An update on the U.S economy
- Greg Ip U.S. economics editor, "The Economist"
- JD Foster Senior Economist, Economic Policy Studies, The Heritage Foundation
- Jared Bernstein Chief Economist and Economic Policy Adviser for Vice President Biden and Executive Director of the Vice President's Middle Class Task Force.
- Ken Goldstein Economist, The Conference Board
- Douglas H. Palmer Mayor of Trenton, New Jersey and president of The U.S. Conference of Mayors
Most Recent Shows
What troubles at Twitter say about the state of social media -- and why one tech watcher argues this could transform the industry in positive ways.
Political analyst Norman Ornstein on control of Congress, the red wave that wasn't, and other lessons from the midterm elections.
At the end of the year Dr. Anthony Fauci will step down from his post as the nation's top infectious disease doctor. He talks to Diane about his 38 years on the job -- and what's next.