The Pentagon is planning to seek the death penalty for six Guantanamo detainees alleged to have played a part in the nine-eleven terrorist attacks raising new questions about the role of military commissions, detainee rights, and the use of torture.
- Vincent Warren Executive director, Center for Constitutional Rights
- Lee Casey Lawyer in private practice and former staff director of the Federal Legal Counsel in the Justice Department during the Reagan and first Bush administrations
- Jess Bravin Reporter, Wall Street Journal
- John Bickers Law professor, Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University part of rules and procedures team for the Army, Nov 2001- Aug 2002
- Brigadier General Thomas Hartmann Air force, legal adviser to the Defense Department's Office of Military Commissions
- Thomas Fleener Former military defense counsel for the office of Military Commissions