Veteran diplomat Richard Haass turns from foreign affairs to threats from within. He argues Americans focus so much on rights we forget our obligations as citizens -- and the country is suffering because of it.
Guest Host: Frank Sesno
The House of Representatives rejected the administration’s $700 billion financial bail out package sending the stock market tumbling. A look at why the measure failed and what proponents of the plan are hoping to do next.
- Dean Baker Co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research and author of "Plunder & Blunder the Rise and Fall of the Bubble Economy" (PoliPointPress)
- Martin Kady Reporter, Politico
- Tom Deutsch Deputy Executive Director, American Securitization Forum
- Kathleen Day Center for Responsible Lending
- Frank Partnoy George E. Barrett professor of law and finance, University of San Diego.
Most Recent Shows
Behind the lies of Congressman George Santos. Diane talks to the owner of the small weekly paper that first broke the story, and a Washington Post journalist who is following the money to see who financed Santos's political rise.
House GOP members launched a new committee this week to investigate the “weaponization” of the U.S. government. These lawmakers claim federal law enforcement and national security agencies have targeted and…
Veteran journalist Susan Page on what the battle to choose a speaker of the House says about the GOP and politics in America today.