The Biden administration has released a proposal to raise standards in nursing homes. Why one expert calls it the most significant development for the industry in decades -- and why it might still not be enough.
Guest Host: Frank Sesno
The House of Representatives rejected the administration’s $700 billion financial bail out package sending the stock market tumbling. A look at why the measure failed and what proponents of the plan are hoping to do next.
- Dean Baker Co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research and author of "Plunder & Blunder the Rise and Fall of the Bubble Economy" (PoliPointPress)
- Martin Kady Reporter, Politico
- Tom Deutsch Deputy Executive Director, American Securitization Forum
- Kathleen Day Center for Responsible Lending
- Frank Partnoy George E. Barrett professor of law and finance, University of San Diego.
Most Recent Shows
Legal analyst Kimberly Wehle on the 14th Amendment and whether it can be used to keep Donald Trump off the ballot.
Diva Denyce Graves talks about her storied career and her new push to make opera more diverse -- and more relevant.
Another school year has begun. Diane talks to AP education reporter Bianca Vazquez Toness about the lingering effects of the pandemic on schools, students and learning.