Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer Jon Meacham on the evolution of Abraham Lincoln's moral principles and political leadership -- and what the era of Lincoln can teach us about the state of our democracy today.
Guest Host: Susan Page
Congress recesses with major legislation unmoved, and schedules a lame-duck session for the fall.
- Norman Ornstein Is resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute; coauthor with Thomas Mann of "The Broken Branch: How Congress Is Failing America and How to Get It Back on Track."
- Bob Benenson Editor, cqpolitics.com; political editor, Congressional Quarterly
- Sen. Frank Lautenberg D-New Jersey
- Rep. Roy Blunt R-Missouri
- Jim Angle Chief Washington correspondent, FOX News Channel.
Most Recent Shows
What troubles at Twitter say about the state of social media -- and why one tech watcher argues this could transform the industry in positive ways.
Political analyst Norman Ornstein on control of Congress, the red wave that wasn't, and other lessons from the midterm elections.
At the end of the year Dr. Anthony Fauci will step down from his post as the nation's top infectious disease doctor. He talks to Diane about his 38 years on the job -- and what's next.