The Biden administration has released a proposal to raise standards in nursing homes. Why one expert calls it the most significant development for the industry in decades -- and why it might still not be enough.
A new study says that one in ten high schools are “dropout factories.” With graduation rates in these schools hovering around 60 percent, we’ll look at the reasons for this development and what if anything can be done about it.
- Robert Balfanz A research scientist at the Center for Social Organization of Schools at the School of Arts and Sciences at the Johns Hopkins University
- Bill Milliken Author of "The Last Dropout: Stop the Epidemic!" and founder of Communities in Schools, a community-based organization helping young people stay in school and prepare for life.
- Bob Wise Former Democratic Governor of West Virginia and President of the Alliance for Excellent Education.
- Mark Garber Executive Editor and Vice President of Editorial Operations for Portland Tribune and Community Newspapers
- Holly Kuzmich Deputy Chief of Staff to Education Secretary Margaret Spellings
Most Recent Shows
Legal analyst Kimberly Wehle on the 14th Amendment and whether it can be used to keep Donald Trump off the ballot.
Diva Denyce Graves talks about her storied career and her new push to make opera more diverse -- and more relevant.
Another school year has begun. Diane talks to AP education reporter Bianca Vazquez Toness about the lingering effects of the pandemic on schools, students and learning.