The Biden administration has released a proposal to raise standards in nursing homes. Why one expert calls it the most significant development for the industry in decades -- and why it might still not be enough.
Guest Host: Susan Page
At the NATO Summit in Bucharest, Romania, President Bush is calling on European allies to increase commitments in Afghanistan. He’s also pushing proposals Russia strongly opposes — namely missile defense, and expanding NATO to include Ukraine and Georgia. Debate over the future of NATO, and the run-up to Bush’s final meeting with President Putin in Russia.
- Peter Baker Reporter, The New York Times
- Julianne Smith Europe program director at the Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Nile Gardiner Director of the Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom at the Heritage Foundation
- Andrei Sitov Washington bureau chief for Itar-Tass.
- Almut Wieland-Karimi Director, Friedrich Ebert foundation
Most Recent Shows
Legal analyst Kimberly Wehle on the 14th Amendment and whether it can be used to keep Donald Trump off the ballot.
Diva Denyce Graves talks about her storied career and her new push to make opera more diverse -- and more relevant.
Another school year has begun. Diane talks to AP education reporter Bianca Vazquez Toness about the lingering effects of the pandemic on schools, students and learning.