The man who helped craft President Obama’s Russia reset policy explains what went wrong. Then, the Iraqi ambassador to the U.S. discusses the surprising results of his country’s recent elections.
Public anger is mounting over the worst oil spill in U.S. history. A panel joins Diane for An update on BP’s latest, and riskiest, plan to contain the leak, and political and policy challenges facing the Obama Administration.
- Stephen Power Reporter, Wall Street Journal.
- Elgie Holstein Vice president for land, water and wildlife programs for Environmental Defense Fund.
- Tadeusz Patzek Chairman of petroleum and geosystems engineering at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Congressman Ed Markey Mass, Dem
- Mike Frenette Captain, charter fishing boat, Venice Louisiana
Most Recent Shows
A Pulitzer Prize-winning historian explains why looking to America’s past should give us hope for overcoming today’s divisions. Then, 90-year-old author Mary Higgins Clark on her decades-long career writing best-selling suspense novels.
Can President Trump be forced to testify as part of the Mueller investigation? Then PBS NewsHour’s Judy Woodruff on life in the anchor’s seat after fifty years in journalism.
Tensions over teacher pay and school funding intensify as protests spread to Arizona and Colorado. Then, how prisons replaced psychiatric hospitals as America’s new asylums.