Political analyst Norman Ornstein on the depths of dysfunction in Washington. Then, as “Orange is the New Black” heads into its sixth season, a 2014 interview with Piper Kerman, the woman whose story inspired the hit TV show.
Public anger is mounting over the worst oil spill in U.S. history. A panel joins Diane for An update on BP’s latest, and riskiest, plan to contain the leak, and political and policy challenges facing the Obama Administration.
- Stephen Power Reporter, Wall Street Journal.
- Elgie Holstein Vice president for land, water and wildlife programs for Environmental Defense Fund.
- Tadeusz Patzek Chairman of petroleum and geosystems engineering at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Congressman Ed Markey Mass, Dem
- Mike Frenette Captain, charter fishing boat, Venice Louisiana
Most Recent Shows
Why Trump Can’t Get His Story Straight On Russia And Ashley Judd Talks #MeToo, #TimesUp And Feminist Primates
A former CIA officer reacts to President Trump’s flip-flopping on Russian intelligence. Then, Ashley Judd’s story of sexual harassment helped launch the #MeToo movement. She talks about coming forward – and what’s next.
Last July Diane spoke with Financial Times columnist Edward Luce about his book, "The Retreat of Western Liberalism." A year later, we have invited him back for an update.
The Declaration of Independence has long stood as a symbol of freedom and liberty. But it is equality, one political scientist says, that lies at the heart of the document.