Inflation is high. The GDP has shrunk. But the job market has never been better. The Washington Post's Damian Paletta helps make sense of the U.S. economy today.
Guest Host: Katty Kay
Health care overhaul in the House. Congressional Democrats get a boost from the A-A-R-P and the American Medical Association. An update on the push for health care legislation.
- Janet Hook Los Angeles Times
- Jonathan Allen Congressional Reporter for Politico
- Congressman Jim Marshall Democrat, Georgia, 8th District
- Congressman Earl Pomeroy Democrat, North Dakota, 1st District member, House Ways & Means Health Subcommittee, and is involved in the Democratic "Blue Dog" health care efforts.
- Rep. Michael Burgess Republican,Texas, 26th District
- Congressman Gerry Connolly Democrat,Virginia, 11th District member, House Budget Committee, the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.
- Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey (D-California) Co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.
Most Recent Shows
From high mortgage rates to shortages that have spread coast to coast, New York Times reporter Emily Badger explains the roots -- and consequences of our country's broken housing system.
Fifty years after the Tuskegee study, Diane talks to Harvard's Evelynn Hammonds about the intersection of race and medicine in the United States, and the lessons from history that can help us understand health inequities today.
Pills, the right to travel and fetal personhood laws -- Diane talks to Temple University Law School's Rachel Rebouché about what's next in the fight over abortion in the U.S.