How hospice became big business. A new investigation in The New Yorker reveals an industry that at times puts profits before patients.
Guest Host: Steve Roberts
Guest host Steve Roberts and a panel of experts and legislators discuss the impact of the country’s economic downturn on states’ budgets.
- Chris Edwards Director, Tax Policy Studies, Cato Institute. He is the creator of the website 'down sizing the federal government.'
- Kim Rueben Public finance economist, The Urban Institute, Washington, D.C.
- Corina Eckl Fiscal Program Director, National Conference of State Legislatures
- Representative Ray Sansom Speaker Delegate of the Florida House of Representatives (R)
- Representative Margaret Anderson Kelliher Speaker of the the Minnesota House of Representatives (D)
Most Recent Shows
Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer Jon Meacham on the evolution of Abraham Lincoln's moral principles and political leadership -- and what the era of Lincoln can teach us about the state of our democracy today.
What troubles at Twitter say about the state of social media -- and why one tech watcher argues this could transform the industry in positive ways.
Political analyst Norman Ornstein on control of Congress, the red wave that wasn't, and other lessons from the midterm elections.