The Biden administration has released a proposal to raise standards in nursing homes. Why one expert calls it the most significant development for the industry in decades -- and why it might still not be enough.
Guest Host: Susan Page
Top advisers from both the McCain and Obama campaigns react to the changing landscape on Wall Street as Lehman Brothers declares bankruptcy and Merrill Lynch sells itself to Bank of America.
- Krishna Guha US economics editor, "Financial Times"
- Austan Goolsbee Member, Council of Economic Advisers staff director and chief economist for the President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board
- Douglas Holtz-Eakin Chief economist, director, Congressional Budget Office from 2003 to 2006, and senior domestic policy adviser to the McCain Campaign and a member of the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission.
- Sudeep Reddy Economics reporter, Wall Street Journal.
- Greg Ip U.S. economics editor, "The Economist"
Most Recent Shows
Legal analyst Kimberly Wehle on the 14th Amendment and whether it can be used to keep Donald Trump off the ballot.
Diva Denyce Graves talks about her storied career and her new push to make opera more diverse -- and more relevant.
Another school year has begun. Diane talks to AP education reporter Bianca Vazquez Toness about the lingering effects of the pandemic on schools, students and learning.