Pulitzer Prize winning author Anthony Doerr talks about his new novel, "Cloud Cuckoo Land," and why he says his job as a writer is to reveal our interconnections as people, and as a planet.
The Obama administration sends mixed signals on mountaintop coal mining. After putting dozens of proposed projects on hold, the EPA has endorsed an operation in West Virginia. Ongoing controversy over mountaintop coal mining.
- Joe Lovett Executive Director of Appalachian Center for the Economy and the Environment in Lewisburg, West Virginia.
- Judy Bonds Co-Director of Coal River Mountain Watch
- Siobhan Hughes Reporter for the Wall Street Journal covering energy and the environment
- Tom Hamburger An investigative reporter who covers the White House and executive branch for the "Los Angeles Times."
- Roger Horton Founder of Citizens for Coal
Most Recent Shows
Rep. Adam Schiff discusses the Democrats' agenda heading into the midterms, the January 6th investigation, and his new book, "Midnight In Washington: How We Almost Lost Our Democracy And Still Could."
Apoorva Mandavilli, New York Times science and global health reporter, discusses vaccine safety, parent hesitancy, and what vaccinating this age group could mean for the future of the pandemic.
Drug overdose deaths have hit a record high during the pandemic. Opioid expert Dr. Andrew Kolodny on why that is, and the roots of America's addiction crisis.