February 21, 2016
Your Questions Answered: Anonymous Messaging App Safety
Police say messaging apps like Kik that can be used anonymously are linked to a growing number of crimes, our panelists told us in a recent show on the topic.
According to Kik itself, the app is used by 40 percent of American teenagers. Panelist Jen Golbeck, who’s an associate professor and director of the Social Intelligence Lab at the University of Maryland’s College for Information Studies, answered listener questions about how to stay safe in a live Facebook chat after our show.
On the apps discussed during the show
- Your Questions Answered: Daniel Levitin On How To Navigate Information Overload
- Your Questions Answered: Food And Anti-Aging
- Your Questions Answered: Dr. John Aucott On Lyme Disease
- Your Questions Answered: Michelle Singletary On Young Adults And Money
- Your Questions Answered: Concussions And New Treatment With Georgetown’s Dr. Kori Hudson
- Your Food Questions Answered By Chef Nora Pouillon
- Your Questions Answered: Matthew Vines On Being Gay, Christianity, And Acceptance